Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Tugas Softskill 2#

Nama   : Anggi Ayudia Larasati
Kelas  : 1EA24
NPM    : 11213005

Exercises
53.1 Complete the sentences for each situation using -ing.
1. A: What shall we do?
   B: We could go to the zoo.
She sugested going to the zoo
2. A: Do you want to play tennis?
   B: No, not really.
He didn't fancy playing tennis
3. A: You were driving too fast
   B: You're right. Sorry!
She admitted driving too fast
4. A: Lets go swimming.
   B: Good idea!
She sugested going for swim
5. A:  You broke the DVD player
   B: No, I didn't!
He denied breaking the DVD player
6. A: Can you wait a few minutes?
   B: Sure, no problem.
They didn't mind waiting a few minutes

53.2 Complete each sentences with one of the following verbs (in the correct form):
answer    apply       be        forget     listen     live
lose         make      pay       read       try         use

1.  He tried to avoid answering my question.
2.  Could you please stop making so much noise?
3.  I enjoy listening to music
4.  I considered applying for the job, but in the end I decided against it.
5.  Have you finished reading the newspaper yet?
6.  We need to change our routine. We can't go on living like this
7.  I don't mind you using my phone, but please ask me first.
8.  My memory is getting worse. I keep forgetting first.
9.  I've put off paying this bill so many times. I really must do it today.
10. What a stupid thing to do! Can you imagine anybody being so stupid?
11. I've given up trying to lose weight - it's imposible
12. If you gamble, you risk losing your money.

53.3 Complete the sentences so that they mean the same as the first sentences.
1. I can do what I want and you can't stop me.
    You can't stop me doing what I want.
2. It's not a good idea to travel during the rush hour.
    It's better to avoid travelling during the rush hour
3. Shall we paint the kitchen next weekend instead of this weekend?
    Shall we postpone painting the kitchen until next weekend?
4. Could you turn the music down, please?
    Would you mind turning the music down , please?
5. Please don't interrupt all the time.
    Would you mind not interrupting all the time?

53.4 Use your own ideas to complete these sentences. Use -ing.
1. She's very interesting person. I always enjoy talking to her
2. I'm not feeling well. I don't fancy going out
3. I'm afraid there aren't any chairs. I hope you don't mind sitting on the floor
4. It was a beautiful day, so I suggested having a picnic
5. It was very funny. I couldn't stop laughing
6. My car isn't very reliable. It keeps breaking down

Exercises
54.1 Complete the sentences for these situations
1. A: Shall we get married?
   B: Yes, lets.
They decided to get married
2. A: Please help me.
   B: OK.
She agreed to help him
3. A: Can I carry your bag for you?
   B: No, thanks. I can manage.
He offered to caryy her bag
4. A: Let's meet at 8 o'clock.
   B: OK, fine.
They arranged to meet at 8 o'clock
5. A: What's your name?
   B: I'm not going to tell you.
She refused to tell her name
6.  A: Please don't tell anyone.
    B: I won't. I promise.
She promised not to tell anyone

54.2 Complete each sentence with a suitable verb.
1. Don't forget to lock the door when you go out.
2. There was a lot of traffic, but we managed to get to the airport in time
3. We couldn't afford to live in London. It's too expensive.
4. We've got new computer software in our office. I haven't learnt to use / to operate it yet.
5. Mark doesn't know what happened. I decided not to tell him
6. We were all afraid to speak. Nobody dared say or to say anything.

54.3 Put the verb into the correct form, to ... or -ing. (verbs + -ing)
1.  When i'm tired, I enjoy watching television. It's relaxing. (watch)
2.  I've decided looking for another job. I need a change  (look)
3.  Let's get a taxi. I don't fancy to walk home. (walk)
4.  I'm not in hurry. I don't mind waiting. (wait)
5.  Tina ran in a marathon last week, but she failed to finish. (finish)
6.  I wish that dog would stop barking. It's driving me crazy. (bark)
7.  Our neighbour threatened to call the police if we didn't stop the noises. (call)
8.  We were hungry, so I suggested having dinner early. (have)
9.  Hurry up! I don't want to risk missing the train. (miss)
10. They didn't know I was listening to the. I pretended being asleep. (be)

54.4 Make a new sentence using the verb in brackets.
1. You've lost weight.                    (seem)     you seem to have lost weigt
2. Tom is worried about something.  (appear)  Tom appears to be worried about something
3. You know a lot of people.         (seem)     You seem to know a lot of people
4. My English is getting better.         (seem)    My English seems to be getting better
5. That car has broken down.           (appear)  that car appears to have broken down
6. David forgets things.                   (tend)     David tends to forgets things
7. They have solved the problem.     (claim)     they claim to have solved the problem

54.5 Complete each sentence using what/how/where/whether + these verbs:
      do        get       go       put        ride       use

1. Do you know how to get to John's house?
2. Would you know what to do if there was a fire in the building?
3. You'll never forget how to ride a bicycle once you've learnt.
4. I've been invited to the party, but I haven't decided whether to go or not.
5. My room is very untidy. I've got so many things and I don't know where to put them.
6. I have some clothes to wash. Can you show me how to use the washing machine?


No comments:

Post a Comment